Thank your donation to NWDSA! We are grateful for your support. You can use any major credit or debit card, and make a one-time donation or set up recurring payments of any amount.
Mail your donation
If you would rather not donate online, you can mail in your donation by printing the donation form below and mailing it in with your payment.
Click here to download the donation form (coming soon).
Thank you for considering a donation today. We rely on the investment of our community in our mission and our work would not be possible without the support of countless individuals. Donations to NWDSA support all of our programs. The scope of our work has grown to include the cross-disability community; when you advocate for the inclusion of one, you are advocating for the inclusion of all.
Here are a few examples of how your donations to our general operating fund may be spent:
- $25 pays for the mailing of 5 New Parent Guides to new families
- $60 pays for a scholarship to the All Born (In) conference
- $100 pays for volunteer childcare stipends for Reciprocal Learning Community event
- $500 pays one month’s rent at the Resourcefulness Center
- $1,500 pays for printing and mailing of one edition of Stepping Up, our bi-annual newsletter
- $2,500 pays for a family social
- $5,000 pays for the catering for the All Born (In) conference
- $10,000 funds web work and phone support
You can help NWDSA with your vehicle donation. Running or not, we can pick up in all 50 states! Most title and estate issues can be easily resolved.
By donating your vehicle to Northwest Down Syndrome Association, you:
- Help us maintain and expand our important work
- Avoid the possibility of receiving a low trade-in value from a dealer, or the anxiety and hassle of selling to a private party
If you decide to donate your vehicle:
- It will be picked up free of charge
- It will be sold at auction or older vehicles can be sold for parts
- Proceeds will go to NWDSA
- You will receive a receipt entitling you to a tax deduction
Our vehicle donation program is made possible through our partnership with Donate For Charity. When you are ready to donate your vehicle, you may call Donate For Charity toll-free at (866) 392-4483 or donate online or at their website: www.donateforcharity.com.
Donating frequent flyer miles helps send an NWDSA Board Member to Washington, DC for advocacy, or to another national conference or event. We don’t travel frequently, and we are careful to choose trips that will allow us to be most efficient with our time and energy. Please contact us to discuss the best way to make this work at (503) 238-0522 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you shop online, you can earn cash back for yourself and donations for NWDSA by clicking over to NWDSA Rewards, signing up for an account, and start earning rebates for yourself and donations for NWDSA!
You can help earn donations for NWDSA just by shopping with your Fred Meyer Rewards Card! Fred Meyer donates $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give.
- Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Northwest Down Syndrome Association at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number 91585.
- Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping NWDSA earn a donation!
- You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
- If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
If you plan on doing some shopping at Amazon.com, click on the link below and a portion of your anything you purchase during that browser session will go to NWDSA through the Amazon Affiliate program!
There is a snippet of code in this link that credits NWDSA for referring shoppers to Amazon. It doesn’t matter what you purchase during your shopping visit– a portion of your purchase will benefit NWDSA. It will only work if you follow this link (or any of the Amazon book recommendations in our ‘Resources’ area) and do not close your browser window until after you’ve completed your shopping session.
Purchase a Welcome to the World sweater from NWDSA supporter (and Adara’s grandmother) Martha Morgan, who knits beautiful custom baby name sweaters and donates the purchase price to the NWDSA. To read her story, click here. For more info on ordering sweaters, contact email@example.com.
In-kind donations of goods and services help make our events, conferences and fundraisers successful, and are often what allow us to add that extra something that makes NWDSA events special. Here are some examples of in-kind donations that we have received in the past:
- Prizes & Gifts
Prizes for raffles and auctions can include gift certificates, handmade art, recreational items, gift baskets (such as food, coffee, microbrew), entertainment items, vacation getaways, spa trips, etc. At Buddy Walk and other big events, raffles and auctions are a great fundraising tool. Such items also make excellent “thank you” gifts for speakers and volunteers.
- Professional Services
Some of the professional services that could benefit our group are graphic design, administrative services, translation, closed captioning, sign language, and many more. If you have a skill that you would like to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- Event Services
We are always looking for event hosts, and catering and entertainment donations for events here at the Resourcefulness Center and out in the community. Whether you want to help with a celebration or a fundraiser, get in touch and we can talk about ways you may be able to help!
We are blessed with a very creative community, and we want to send a quick thank you to all the people who found inventive ways to contribute to NWDSA over the past years:
- Nancy Korf and her crew of incredible Zumba instructors for a fabulous Zumbathon
- The Fallis and Johnson Families for the Tee Up for Down Syndrome Golf Tournament
- Handia Montessori for their “Pennies for Change” coin drive
- Lee Farms for their Fall Fundraiser
- Alicia Delashmutt and the Bad Habit Room for the Kindergarten Cohort Benefit
- Heather Costello and Cruise Masters/Concierge Travel Advisors for their Luxury Travel Happy Hour that raised funds for the NWDSA
- Michelle Fessler for stepping up to host the holiday craft bazaar at MESD
- NWDSA Youth Group for the Book Sale
- Host a dinner and make it a fundraiser
- Create a fundraiser with a local restaurant
- Organize a rummage sale or a book sale
- Call us at 503-238-0522 to discuss your fundraising idea!